Monday, November 16, 2015

Slight Progress - 16 November 2015

Today I was not weepy at all. Ok, it looks like on days that i do exercise, the tendency is for me not to feel down. I guess I still need to squeeze in exercise no matter how busy I am. Started the day with some tabata training. I find that high intensity exercises help me to cope with stress better.

We've been eating out quite a bit so I've decided to prepare meals for my Mom. I dont know how working moms do it, balance between looking after the kids and working. I sometimes prepare the ingredients the night before so it's less of a rush for me in the morning. I usually have to get everything done before 11am as I need to ensure that Dad gets his physio done before 11.30am. I also need to plan my meals a day before so that I can thaw any meat if required. Then I find myself sweeping dried leaves from the porch..things that i never used to do!

TOday I noticed that Dad can turn over to his left side. Before this he could only turn to his right side as his right side is the weaker side. Today he also obediently did his physio without any resistance and was extremely cooperative. Usually he would pull a long face when I ask him to do it but obliges the physiotherapist instead. He did almost non stop 10 minutes of cycling. I also notice he does the exercises on his own whenever he is awake without prompting. Today he learnt to squeeze a stressball.

Sometimes I just feel panicky, like my heart is racing and I need to take deep breaths to calm myself. I remind myself that this situation is not special to me..that there are many people going through it too. I should really stop having this "why me?" mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment