Tuesday, November 17, 2015

For Someone Who Didnt Want Children... sigh- 18 November 2015

Dad learnt to stand up a bit yesterday and the nurse assisted him a little bit to try to scoop food with his right hand.

Today we had our first follow up physiotherapy session at the hospital. The doctor said that while Dad has some mobility and a good range of motion, he lacks coordination. She made him get up and lie down a few times - things he needs to learn to do on a daily basis by himself. She also made him cycle with for 15 minutes at Level 2 resistance and hand cycle at Level 1 resistance for 15 minutes. As he was unable to hold and grip the handle with his right hand, she had to strap him right hand on.

She also made him move stacked cones one by one from the right to left. I need to look for children's toys which teach you hand coordination. Or if I cant find any I guess I have to improvise. It is then that I realised also I need to be equipped at all times as a mother to a child - ensuring I have tissues, wet tissues, water etc with me wherever I go and whenever I am with Dad.

Life's ironic isn't it? For someone who didn't want to have a child nor have the burden and responsibility of doing these things.

And of course, shit always happens. A million and one things to do and the key had to break in the backdoor and poor Caramel is locked out. Managed to call a locksmith but they charged a frigging RM100 for house call. Well I haven't much choice as I needed to get it done quickly.

My ambition is to be lazy but I guess God is not putting up with any of that nonsense. I still wonder why He thinks I am a good candidate at all to do any of His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment