Thursday, November 12, 2015

Out of the Hospital - 12 November 2015

Finally Dad is discharged from the hospital! We moved him into the nursing home today. Initially he was resistant to the idea as he was worried that the cost would be exorbitant, but I lied and told him it was a reasonable rate at RM30 a day. Lord, I know we are not supposed to lie, I wonder what You think of this? Besides we convinced him that the room downstairs was not ready, and that we needed time to have it renovated. Also he's getting proper care and he needs to do all the physiotherapy if he wants to get better.

He's made a remarkable improvement in physio from yesterday, he can now bend his right leg and straighten it on his own, although after a while he gets tired and needs assistance. Also he seems to be able to raise his hand up a bit more. He seemed a little bit more settled at the home compared to the hospital.

It's been 4 tiring days rushing around with no proper or late meals. But with Dad's rate of recovery, all I can say is I am very thankful to God Strangely yesterday's Our Daily Bread message was from Mark 2, about the paralyzed man and how his friends' faith in God saved him.

I am also thankful to all the caregivers who looked after my Dad..I hope their kindness will be repaid.So far all the nurses and helpers at this home are gentle, patient and kind. Things I need to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment