Sunday, December 6, 2015

Acupuncture Day 12 - December 6, 2015

Today seemed like a blessed day. My day started at 5.30am, I was up early, had breakfast and went to church. I left church after the sermon , did some grocery shopping at TMC , then went to fetch Dad for acupunture. Seemed like a peaceful and blessed kind of day, spent the morning with Dad for acupunture until after lunch. I went to collect rental for Mom, and then shopped for some toys for Dad to improve his coordination.

I left when Dad was having dinner, went back home and had an early dinner. I felt peaceful until Mom called about 8pm in the evening. She said Dad was getting aggressive, he was shouting at everyone until she had to call my brother in to pacify him. It's his dementia acting up again. My heart felt unsettled. I hope they forgive him. I hope they understand it's his disease. And I pray that he will have a restful night. Please Lord, let him sleep well tonight and not disturb anyone. I pray for my Mom for strength, physically and emotionally to tolerate him.

The take home message from church today was from Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers and flowers fall, but the word of God endures forever". THis only serves as a reminder to me that everything that is happpening is temporary...all is fleeting..all things must pass. please let me find comfort in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment